Uninstalling any of Symantec‘s Norton software line can sometimes result in leftover registry settings and other potential conflicts in a system. Fortunately, Symantec has an available tool to remove this obstacles by the name of SymNRT.
The list of Norton products this tool will automatically remove includes:
- Norton AntiVirus 2004/2005
- Norton AntiVirus Professional 2004
- Norton AntiVirus 3, 5 and 10 User Pack 2004/2005
- Norton SystemWorks 2004/2004 Professional Edition
- Norton SystemWorks 2005/2005 Premier edition
- Norton Password Manager 2004
- Norton Internet Security 2004/2005
- Norton Internet Security 5 and 10 User Pack 2004/2005
- Norton Personal Firewall 2004/2005
- Norton AntiSpam 2004/2005
- Ghost 2003 or Ghost Version 9.0
The tool works slowly, as it’s scanning your entire system for any Norton remains, but it is very effective at what it does.