The holiday season is fast approaching and more people than ever are purchasing gifts for friends and family online. Unfortunately, ’tis also the season for online crime, and cybercriminals are on the lookout for ways to interfere with your online shopping. Whether it’s your smartphone, tablet, or computer, you need to protect your personal information in order to shop safely and securely online.
Fret not, Geek Squad has tips on safe online shopping during the holidays!
Part 1: Let’s Be Safe Out There:
– Research “too good to be true” sites or offers.
– Only make purchases from secure websites.
– Use strong passwords on banking and financial online accounts.
– Whenever possible, use a credit card rather than a debit card.
– Only shop using your own computer or smartphone.
– Avoid shopping on public Wi-Fi networks.
– Do not save your credit card information on the merchant’s web site.
– Be sure you understand the return, refund, and shipping and handling policies before you place your order.
Read more at at the Geek Squad Intelligence Blog.
Part 2: Scams in the Wireless World:
– Watch out for fake hotspots in popular public locations.
– Avoid clicking on links in unexpected messages.
– Be on the lookout for phishing text messages claiming to be your bank.
Read more at Geek Squad Intelligence Blog.
Need more help? Our Geek Squad Agents will be available 24/7 throughout the holidays for Online Support at geeksquad.com/chat, at 1-800 GEEKSQUAD (800-433-5778), and at your local Best Buy during normal store hours.