Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, and for most people that means a grand dinner with the family filled with cheer and good food. Unless, that is, your family knows youâ€™re a computer tech guy, in which it means that youâ€™re going to be hit up for advice and service in the same way your doctor sister and car mechanic brother are.
In light of this, here are 5 handy (if extreme) excuses that you can use to get out of fixing that family computer while the rest of your family enjoys their turkey dinner:
- Alien Invasion Excuse â€“ â€œOh, I canâ€™t touch that computer. See, Iâ€™m saving my skills for when weâ€™re invaded by an extraterrestrial army of alien creatures bent on our destruction, who just happen to run their saucers on an operating system I can easily hack using my Apple MacBook.â€
- Lawsuit Excuse â€“ â€œUnfortunately, Iâ€™m no longer legally allowed to fix computers. You see, the virus and spyware makers got together and sued me for being too anti-competitive for their business. Turns out the judge who heard the case loves pop-up ads!â€
- Amnesia Excuse â€“ â€œI would love to fix your computer, but you see, I was in this tragic blimp accident a few months ago. I came out with a pretty nasty bump on the head, and ever since then, I canâ€™t remember a single thing about fixing computers. The doctors say itâ€™s the darndest thing!â€
- Cycle of Life Excuse â€“ â€œRemember when they were trying to explain to Simba in the Lion King that everything has itâ€™s time and place? This is the same thing, except itâ€™s your computer that weâ€™re going to let pass on instead of your lion dad.â€
- The Bright Side of Life Excuse â€“ â€œYou know how dad is always complaining about all that spam email he keeps getting? Think of not fixing your computer as the best way to stop that problem.â€
Of course, most of these excuses are only going to end in pain when you have to deal with your family later.